Progress at last

June 21, 2010

Here we are again, after a longish break. My summer vacation started, so I had a chance to work a bit on the car. I forgot that I had ran a bit low on supplies so instead of continuing cleaning the engine, I decided to remove both oil pans and the oil pump. The gaskets on both oil pans were in really bad nick, so that’s gonna help with the oil leaks.


Lower oil pan removed.

Upper oil pan too.

Bottom end visible.

That’s really all I had time for (spent a lot of time cleaning the garage and looking for tools). Next time (soon hopefully) I’ll open and inspect the oil pump, clean the rest of the engine and hopefully start putting it back together again.


Oil pump awaiting inspection.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: