Progress, finally

January 30, 2011

I apologize for the long delay in updating. I finally got something done today, although not as much as I had planned. As it’s been a while since I last worked on the project I had forgotten that I’ve ran out of a few supplies and tools. Will be trying to continue the project next week.

I finally got the crankshaft vibration damper off, which gave me access to the coolant pump. Fortunately the coolant pump seems to be ok, so I’ll just replace the o-rings and reinstall it. The crankshaft front oil seal also seems to be ok. I also dissected the oil pump a few months ago, no apparent signs of wear there either, more great news.

Next time I just have to do a bit more cleaning and then I can start reinstalling parts on the engine, starting with the oil pump and pan.


Bottom end without oil pump and oil pan.

Crankshaft damper and coolant pump removed.

Water pump seems ok.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: